24 Hour 911 Emergency Call Center
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Victim Notification Program
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) administers the Victim Notification Program which allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody.
To register with HSI and receive notifications please follow the below link: http://www.ice.gov/victim-notification/
We are responsible for assigning all
Contact our office by phone
*for City Addresses, contact your local City Office
Monday-Friday 8-4:30, fee $10.00
Bring out of State Title (no copies) and Vehicle
Salvage Titles need inspected (Nebraska or Out of State)
Civil Paper Service
$50.00 Retainer required
before service is attempted
$500.00 Retainer (Execution)
$500.00 Sheriff Sales
Monday – Friday 8-4:30, fee $10.00
Call for an Appointment - Must Provide Identification
Sex Offender Register
Registration or Re-Registration
Call for an Appointment
Pursuant to Nebraska Statute 69-2403 a handgun certificate is required to purchase, lease, rent, or receive a handgun. The law applies to both retail and private party transactions. The law also prohibits selling, leasing, renting, or transferring a handgun to a person who does not possess a handgun certificate. A certificate is not required if:
- The person acquiring the handgun is a licensed firearms dealer;
- The handgun is an antique;
- The person acquiring the handgun is authorized to do so on behalf of a law enforcement agency;
- The transfer is temporary and the transferee remains within (a) in the line of sight of the transferor or (b) within the premises of an established shooting facility; or
- The transfer is between a person and his or her spouse, sibling, parent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or grandparent.
WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY
Applicants may apply in person at the Sheriff's Office, in the Basement of the Burt County Courthouse, Tekamah, NE, Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Current Nebraska operator's license, Nebraska state ID card, or a Military ID card. The address on your Nebraska ID must be current and match the address on the application.
- Application fee of $5.00.
- Applicants born outside the U.S. must also provide a copy of their citizenship papers, U.S. Passport, birth certificate, or alien resident card.
AGE AND RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
To obtain a handgun certificate from our office you must be at least 21 years old and a current Burt County Resident.
Certificates are valid, statewide, for three years at which time applicants must apply for a new certificate.