Complaints about noxious weeds in Burt County can be made by calling the Weed Superintendent's office at (402) 443-7696.
The county weed superintendent duties include:
- Being certified, in writing, by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture as a noncommercial applicator.
- Examining all lands under the jurisdiction of the control authority to determine if the Noxious Weed Control Act and the rules and regulations are being complied with.
- Compiling infestation data and other reports as the Director of Agriculture or control authority may require.
- Supervising and carrying out the coordinated control program within the county.
- Completing 20 hours of continuing education, annually.
- Ascertaining and tabulating the approximate amount and location of land infested with noxious weeds in the county, annually.
- Ascertaining and preparing information required by the county board for preparation of the county budget.