Emergency Preparedness doesn't just include floods, tornadoes, or
winter storms, you also need to protect yourself and your family
from cyber crimes. Below are some tips that you should keep in mind
when using the internet and e-mail:
- Connect to the Internet over secure, password-protected
- Limit who you share information with by reviewing the
privacy settings on your social media accounts.
- Trust your gut; if you think an offer is too good to be
true, then it probably is.
- Click on links or pop-ups, open attachments, or respond to
e-mails from strangers.
- Respond to requests for Personally Identifiable Information
(PII); most organizations -- including banks, universities, and
companies -- do not ask for your personal information over the
- Use the same password twice; choose a password that means
something to you and you only, and change your passwords on a